Privacy notice & data policy
Who we are
The data controller for the purposes of the GNSS.asia website(s) is the GNSS.asia consortium, who are processing data on behalf of the European GNSS Agency and European Commission. The team can be contacted via email at privacy(at)spacetec.partners.
What data we collect
We collect some or all of the following personal data from you: the IP address or domain name of the computer you use to connect to our website, and information about your visit to our GNSS.asia website via Cookies (you’ll find more information on our Cookie use below). In addition, if you register for our matchmaking services and/or newsletter via this website, we will collect the information you provide in the registration form(s), including your name and email address and the name of the company you are representing.
A cookie is a small text file that is downloaded onto ‘terminal equipment’ (e.g. a computer or smartphone) when you access a website. It allows the website to recognise that user’s device and store some information about the user’s preferences or past actions. Most browsers support Cookies, but you can set your preferences to decline them and delete them whenever you like.
Why we collect your personal data
We process your data to improve your experience on our website, to share information with you via the GNSS.asia newsletter and to provide you with the GNSS.asia industry support services (if you apply for these via the registration forms). In addition, should you select to be included in our industry database, a subset of your data will also be included in our on-line searchable industry database.
Participants to the GNSS.asia Soft Landing Programme (Start-Up Support) will share personal data including contact details, e-mail addresses, phone numbers, or confidential information about their product or company. These data will not be shared with any parties other than GNSS.asia, the Application Platform, the GSA and the event organisers or security teams of the events where potential events might take place. With your participation in the Programme as Start-up, you agree to the use of your personal data for the following purposes:
- Promotion & Communication: the Programme is funded by Horizon 2020. In its objectives to support start-ups in the GNSS downstream sector, a comprehensive communication campaign is essential. The Programme’s communication tools, such as the website and social media, are used as multipliers for the visibility of programme Start-ups, contributing to their business potential. The Programme may use your team or company name and a description of your start-up or business idea for such public promotion and communication purposes. For use of your personal data in this context, we will seek your prior and explicit consent;
- Events: for a smooth organisation of events, which may be subject to security measures, we may invite you to share and use personal data, such as your travel schedules, first and last name, birth date, nationality, passport or ID-card number, dietary preferences. These data will be shared with the event venues and local security teams and will only be used for the organisation of the events;
- Travel Arrangements: to facilitate a Start-up’s participation to a mission to Asia, individually or as part of an EU industry delegation, we may ask for your travel schedules, first and last name, birth date, nationality, passport or ID-card number, dietary preferences;
- Coaches: to ensure a good interaction with your coach, we will provide him/her with your first and last name, company name, e-mail address and phone number. These data will only be used for coaching and training purposes;
- Verification of cost reimbursements: as indicated in 2.4.2, for the verification of cost reimbursements the Organisers may ask for a proof of identity, including a copy of your ID-card, proof of residence or a company extract, of which non-essential information may be blurred. The required information includes your name, national tax number or identification number, nationality, and proof of residence; and
- Essential notifications: to administer your (potential) participation in the programme, the Organisers send notifications to the e-mail addresses of the Team Leaders of the Start-up Applicants in the Programme. As an alumni to the Programme, your subscription to these notifications will survive your participation to the Programme, but can be ceased any time by clicking on the respective link in the bottom of the notification, or by writing us a message at firstname.lastname@example.org.
On what basis we collect your personal data
We process your data on the basis of your consent, and also the legal and financial audit requirements imposed on us by, for example, the European Commission.
How we process your data
Your personal data will be retained for a period of two years, unless we are required by law to retain your personal data for a longer period of time. Your data are not subject to automatic decision procedures.
GNSS.asia follows strict data security procedures to ensure that your personal information is not damaged, destroyed, or disclosed to a third party without your permission and to prevent unauthorised access. The computers storing the information are kept in a secure environment with restricted physical access. We use secure firewalls and other measures to restrict electronic access. If the data must be transferred to a third party, we require them to have in place similar measures to protect your personal data.
All of the information we collect or record is restricted to our offices. Only persons who need the information to fulfil their duties are granted access to personal data. We will explicitly ask you when we need information to identify you. We may require you to cooperate with our security checks before we disclose information to you. You can update the personal information that you give us at any time by contacting us directly.
What your rights are
You have the following rights in relation to your data and the processing thereof:
- access your data
- have knowledge of the reasoning underlying data processing
- obtain a copy of your data
- request their erasure or rectification
- request your data to be provided to another controller on your behalf
- not to be subject to a purely automated decision without having your views taken into consideration
- object to processing in some circumstances
- withdraw your consent
- lodge a complaint with the national supervisory authority should you consider this data processing to be in violation of the law and to claim compensation for damage incurred as a result if the processing is found to be unlawful
You may contact us at privacy(at)spacetec.partners with your requests to exercise your rights. We will answer your request within one month of the date we receive your request, but if your request is sufficiently complex or there are too many parallel requests, this period may be extended by a further month.